Work and Holiday Visa Australia subclass 462 visa
This visa is for people from:
- China, People’s Republic of
- Slovak Republic
The Work and Holiday subclass 462 visa is for young people aged 18 to 30 who want to travel and work for up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment.
The Work and Holiday visa program is designed to encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries.
What does this visa let me do?
If you are granted a Work and Holiday visa you can:
- enter Australia at any time within 12 months of the visa grant date
- stay in Australia for up to 12 months from the date of first entry
- leave and re-enter Australia any number of times from the 12 months from the date of first entry
- undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- study for up to four months.
Annual visa limit
There is an annual limit to the number of Work and Holiday visas issued to each country. No applications will be approved once this limit is reached.
Extending your stay in Australia
The Work and Holiday visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months. You can only extend your stay in Australia if your Work and Holiday visa is not granted with a ‘No Further Stay’ condition. If your visa is granted with a ‘No Further Stay’ condition you will be advised of this in your visa grant letter.
Work and Holiday visa holders without a ‘No Further Stay’ condition are only able to apply for a limited number of other visas from within Australia.
You may be eligible for this visa if you:
- are aged 18 to 30 years (inclusive) on the date you apply
- hold a passport of a country specified above
- meet educational requirements
- have functional English
- have a letter of support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- are not accompanied by dependent children
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) or Work and Holiday (462) visa
- meet character, health and evidence of funds requirements.
You must hold tertiary qualifications or have completed or have been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university study.
Tertiary qualifications include the following:
- Doctoral degree • Masters degree • Graduate diploma • Graduate certificate • Bachelor degree • Associate degree • Advanced diploma • Diploma level qualifications.
Note: Tertiary qualifications do not include the following:
- Certificate IV • Certificate III • Certificate II • Certificate I • senior secondary school level qualifications.
Functional English requirements
You must have functional English and provide documentary evidence of your English level when you lodge your visa application. Otherwise, you may be refused the visa.
You must provide evidence that you have done one of the following:
- Achieved an IELTS average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted no more than two years before lodging the visa application. For visa purposes you only need to sit the General Training Module.
- Achieved a TOEFL score of 133 on a computer based test, or 450 on a paper based test or 45-46 on an internet-based test, no more than two years before lodging the visa application.
- Passed the Occupational English Test no more than two years before lodging the visa application.
- Completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education at an educational institution in which all instruction was in English.
- Completed at least five years of secondary education (high school) at an educational institution in which all instruction was in English.
- Completed a post-secondary qualification that required at least two years of full-time study or training, in which all tuition was in English.
- Successfully completed, in Australia, at least one year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma or associate diploma at an institution or institutions where all the instruction was in English.
You must include a letter of support from your home government with your application. This letter is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the countries specified above.
Note: The letter of support does not guarantee a place in the Work and Holiday program.
Applicants for this visa must not be accompanied by dependent children. It is not possible for you to travel to Australia on a Work and Holiday visa with children. If you want to travel to Australia with children, you should apply for a different kind of visa.
Evidence of funds
You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. Generally, AUD$5,000 may be regarded as sufficient, but the amount may vary depending on your length of stay and the extent of your travel. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia.
Health requirements will vary depending on your personal circumstances.
You may need to have a medical examination depending on:
- your length of stay in Australia • other health risks in your home country or countries you have visited for more than three months within the last five years • the activities you will be undertaking • any existing health condition.
Note: If you intend to work in the health care industry (eg Doctors, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists) you must undergo HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C testing.
Medical treatment in Australia can be very expensive. As a tourist, you are not covered by Australia’s national health scheme, unless there is a reciprocal health care agreement between Australia and your country. Health care for visitors to Australia is explained on the Medicare Australia website.
It is recommended that you take out health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. You can obtain health insurance through a health insurance provider or travel agent in your country of residence.
To be granted this visa, you must meet character requirements, for example undergoing police checks.
Australian Values Statement
If you are aged 18 years or over, you must declare that you will respect Australian values and obey the laws of Australia. For this visa, the values statement is included in the general declaration section of the application form. When you sign the application form it means you will also be signing the values statement. You will not be required to have read the Life in Australia book, but may do so if you wish. You are also encouraged to gain an understanding of Australia, its people and their way of life, before applying for this visa.
How BMS Global Visa Australia Can Assist Work and Holiday Visa Applicants And Visa Holders
- BMS Global Visa Australia often receives enquires from Employers as well as recruitment agents especially for Tradespersons such as cooks chefs carpenters welders fitters diesel motor mechanics etc to fill in positions in their businesses in Western Australia.
- BMS Global Visa Australia markets its migration services and work visa Australia services to employers and recruitment agents by direct mailing or personal contacts or internet. Visa Australia also does networking with other businesses on regular basis and thus maintain database of those employers who are seeking highly skilled, reliable, fluent English speaking overseas skilled workers to fill in positions in their businesses.
- Many employers in Western Australia when do not find locally qualified skilled persons they do seek overseas skilled workers especially those overseas skilled workers who would be RELIABLE and stay with them for longer period and would not jump over to other employers when they arrived in Australia.
- BMS Global Visa Australia goes through minute details of overseas skilled workers with respect to their education, work experience, level of English and especially their RELIABILITY and would recommend employers to proceed for practical hands on interview and if overseas worker found suitable to employer BMS Global Visa Australia would carry out visa processing work on behalf of employers as well as overseas skilled worker.
- Overseas workers from certain countries in certain occupations have to undergo skills assessment, IELTS English Test, work verification etc prior to applying for work visa. BMS Global Visa Australia thoroughly analyzes background of such applicants and would advise them well in advance their requirements and would assist them to meet with their requirements.
- BMS Global Visa Australia would suggest overseas skilled workers study options in Australia to upgrade their skills to meet with local Australian Standards.
- Some overseas skilled workers may be eligible to apply directly Permanent Visa under RSMS Subclass 187 Direct Entry Stream, if so, BMS Global Australia would advise such applicants about the requirements to meet for applying permanent visa.
- Initial Consulting from BMS Global Visa Australia with a small amount of fee would save huge amounts of money to overseas skilled workers if they wish to either work or study in Australia or migrate to Australia.
- Australian Immigration Laws are COMPLEX and CHANGING Frequently. Please refer to Dept. of Immigration Website for latest information or please contact BMS Global Visa Australia at contact details provided.