How to get sponsorshsip from Australian employers | BMS Global

How to get sponsorshsip from Australian employers

How to get sponsorshsip from Australian employers


Often people inquire with us about how to find an Australian employer who will sponsor them. The first thing to remember is that you must be eligible to apply for an Australian work visa such as subclass 457 or RSMS 187. For example trades people such as cooks, chefs, baker, pastrycooks, carpenters, welders, mechanics etc must have a positive skills assessment from skills assessing bodies such as VETASSES, IELTS English test score min 5 in each band for 457 visa or min 6 in each band for 187 visa, appropriate education and work experience in the relevant field and their Australian employer must have a genuine need for overseas skilled people.


For skills assessment you must have min 3-5 years of relevant work experience, appropriate education of Cert III, IV, Diploma or Degree and IELTS English recently obtained in the last 12 months. Apart from these requirements, there are still many other criteria to be met including medical and police checks. If you do not meet the criteria then there is nop point in searching for an Australian employer to sponsor you. Australian employers are also required to meet criteria to sponsor and nominate you.


You can find the latest information on the DIBP website, however, Australian immigration laws are complex and changing frequently and here is where we have been providing services to overseas skilled people for over 17 years now.


Currently the unemployment level in Australia is high and rising, however, some employers do still have genuine need for overseas skilled people and if you meet the criteria you should try your best in applying. There are several job seeking websites, trade magazines, newspapers, recruitment agents etc who publish jobs available in Australia and you can search them through google.

Write a Reply or Comment